Juanpa Cadario: Thomas Coville con Sodebo, en busca del record alrededor del mundo en solitario

Thomas Coville con Sodebo, en busca del record alrededor del mundo en solitario


Fuente info Sailworld

Coville departs - the Round the World chase is on + Video

Top French multihull sailor, Thomas Coville, has left on his solo round the world circumnavigation attempt, chasing the fully crewed Banque Populaire. Here is a short commentary on his start off Brest, along with images and videos of the departure.

'I dropped my buddies in the Channel Four and I approached Ushant, a figure that is always impressive with the island's lighthouse Stiff. Arriving on the island Keller, I held a small gennaker and I crossed the line in sea conditions not very easy to be very honest, with a beam swell and winds from north-east between 26 and 30 knots. I even planted a little and you're out for the grand tour. It must be very concentrated, especially on this board there (starboard), on the other (port) the sea will be easier but for now we must depart from Ushant. It's manly, I knew, I'm between 28 and 32 knots and it is true that it portends a good start to the race but we must be focused and truly over.'