Fuente info RC44 Class
One week to go to the RC 44 Championship Tour Grand Finale
The winner of the RC 44 Championship Tour 2010 will be crowned at the end of the regatta, alongside the match race and fleet race champions. The ORACLE RC 44 Cup Miami will also be the first ever RC 44 regatta on US territory.
November 30, 2010 – Miami, Florida, will host the sixth and final regatta of the RC 44 Championship Tour 2010 on December 7-12. Organized by the RC 44 Class Association, the ORACLE RC 44 Cup Miami will reassemble 14 strict one design RC 44’s.
The event will be special in many ways. Indeed, it will be the first ever RC 44 regatta on US territory; it will reassemble a record number of entries and it will be the culmination of the season, with the overall, fleet and match race titles awarded to the best teams and sailors of the year.
The ORACLE RC 44 Cup Miami will start on December 7-8 with the match race contest, featuring some of the world’s best champions of the discipline such as Terry Hutchinson and Paul Cayard (USA), or America’s Cup winners Russell Coutts (NZL) and James Spithill (AUS).
The second part of the event – December 10-12 – will be dedicated to fleet racing, with the team owners at the helm.
The RC 44 Championship Tour 2010 will be awarded to the best team in the combined fleet race / match race rankings. With one last event to complete, the annual ranking is currently led by Larry Ellison’s BMW ORACLE Racing (USA). Pieter Heerema’s No Way Back (NED), James Spithill’s “17” (USA) and Torbjorn Tornqvist’s Artemis (SWE) are within reach and will be fighting hard to grab the title.
The first regatta of the RC 44 Championship Tour 2011 will also take place in the US, in San Diego, on March 2-6 whilst five teams will compete in Key West Race Week in January.
INVITATION TO A PRESS CONFERENCE
A press conference will take place in Miami on Tuesday, December 7, at 5:30 PM in the race VIP area (Miami Beach Marina, on board the yacht Miami Lady).
Russell Coutts (NZL), Terry Hutchinson (USA), Paul Cayard (USA), Ian Williams (GBR) and the Class manager Bertrand Favre (SUI) will be there to answer your questions.
Event website : http://www.oracle.com/rc44cupmiami
ORACLE RC 44 Cup Miami – List of entries:
1. BMW ORACLE Racing (USA) Larry Ellison/Russell Coutts
2. 17 (USA) William Douglas/Jimmy Spithill 3. No Way Back (NED) Pieter Heerema/Ray Davies 4. Team Sea Dubai (UAE) Harm Müller-Spreer/Markus Wieser
5. Katusha (RUS) Guennadi Timtchenko/Paul Cayard
6. Ceeref (SLO) Igor Lah/Rod Davis
7. Artemis (SWE) Torbjorn Tornqvist/Terry Hutchinson
8. Team Aqua (UAE) Chris Bake/Cameron Appleton
9. Mascalzone Latino (ITA) Vincenzo Onorato/Francesco Bruni
10. AEZ RC 44 Sailing Team (AUT) René Mangold/Christian Binder
11. Islas Canarias Puerto Calero (ESP) Daniel Calero/Jose Maria Ponce
12. Peninsula Petroleum (ESP) John Bassadone/Inaki Castaner
13. Synergy Russian Sailing Team (RUS) Maxim Logutenko/Evgeniy Neugodnikov
14. Ironbound (USA) David Murphy / Ian Williams