Fuente info Scuttlebutt europe
Man And Alvarosky Win 2010 ORCi European Championship
Cagliari, Sardinia: On an impressive string of finishes which very nearly swept their class clean, Riccardo Di Bartolomeo's Botin & Carkeek-designed Grand Soleil 42R0 MAN has won the 2010 ORCi European Championship in Class A, while Francesco Siculiana's Massimo Paperini-designed Grand Soleil 40RC Alvarosky has won the title in Class B. Despite light 6-8 knot conditions yet again today, the Principal Race Officer Sandro Ricetto and his team from the Lega Navale Italiano Cagliari managed to get in two more races to complete the schedule of seven inshore and two offshore races in five days of competition.
MAN was on top of the class nearly from start to finish in the event, earning first place scores in every race but one and the last race discard.
By helming his boat Alvarosky throughout the week, Francesco Siculiana collected the ORC Owner Driver Award for Class B as well as the Championship title for that class. Winner of the award in Class A was seventh-place finisher Fral 2, a Comet 45 S owned by Alessandro Nespega.
Top five results after nine races (one discard), Division A:
1. MAN, GS 42R0, Riccardo di Bartolomeo, 8 points
2. Saphira, First 50, Raffaele Archivolti, 26
3. Verve-Dahlia TV, Comet 50, Maurizio Biscardi, 33.5
4. Nautilus Wave, NM 43, Valente-Stillitano-Bernardo, 42.75
5. One-Noidinotte, Comet 45S, Saverio Bifulco, 48
ORC Owner-Driver Award, Class A: Fral 2, Comet 45 S, Alessandro Nespega
Top five results after nine races (one discard), Division B:
1. Alvarosky*, GS 40RC, Francesco Siculiana, 28.125 points
2. Scricca, Comet 38S, Gianfranco Cioce, 34.75
3. Escandalo, M37, Manuel Costantin, 44.625
4. Rewind, X-37, Claudio Paesani, 49
5. Low Noise, M37, Giuseppe Giuffre, 53
*ORC Owner-Driver Award, Class B