Juanpa Cadario: Mini Transat 650, triunfo para David Raison con Team Work Evolution

Mini Transat 650, triunfo para David Raison con Team Work Evolution


© Pierrick Garenne / GPO

© Pierrick Garenne / GPO

© Pierrick Garenne / GPO


30.10.11 - 21:46
Raison wins in Bahia

A jubilant David Raison sailed past the comitee boat shortly before 8.00 pm tonite to take line honors and win the 2011 Charente Maritime/Bahia Transat 6,50. His sailing time along the 3 120 milles course is 17 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes and 32 seconds, at an average speed of 7,53 knots. He beats Yves le Blévec record time on this specific leg by 23 minutes. His overall time on both legs of the race is 26 days, 3 hours, 9 minutes and 40 seconds, at an average speed of 6,80 knots.

Quotes : "This is my fourth try on this race. I come out a winner, and in full day light. Its been a tough one, for me and for every one else. Yes, I've had my doubts, when I was ahead by a hundred miles and hit a windless spot.I thought everybody was passing me. Some other time I had to step on the brakes real hard when the boat was slamming away, and yet, I was gaining on everybody.
Yes indeed I have the feeling that my boat is like a kick in a bees nest of naval designers. The question is wether or not we'll see 60 footers based on my design. This I do not know. There 's so much to study.
All along the race I've tried to follow the advice a former "Minist" once told me : Rigor and discipline. Then you get the job done! But what a joy to be here and to see you all! This has been the toughest race of all.