Fuente info Melges Worlds
Bressani Within Two Races Of Second World Title At 2010 Marinepool Melges 24 World Championship
With three races scheduled, the penultimate day of the 2010 Marinepool Melges 24 World Championship was always going to be a critical one for those with aspirations of an overall podium position at this regatta. Happily the weather gods smiled on Tallinn today, providing eight to twelve knot breezes which enabled the Race Committee to run three excellent races and in the process, catch up with the original programme. Turning in a seven, five, one scoreline, Lorenzo Bressani on Uka Uka Racing now takes a thirty-two-point lead into the final day. Behind him the scrap for the other podium places is likely to be a fierce one. Despite an inconsistent day, Norway’s Kristian Nergaard on Baghdad has held on to second place overall, but now has just a five point advantage over Italy’s Alberto Bolzan on Hurricane Murphy & Nye in third. Although fourth placed Italian Flavio Favini on Swiss entry Blu Moon is some fourteen points adrift of Bolzan, experience has taught us that Favini can never be discounted and there is no doubt that he will have his eyes firmly fixed on stealing a podium place tomorrow.
Click here to read the full release.
Provisional Overall Top Ten After Five Races
1. ITA787 - UKA UKA RAcing - Lorenzo Bressani - 30 pts
2. NOR400 - Baghdad - Kristian Nergaard - 62 pts
3. ITA727 - Hurricane - Murphy & Nye - Alberto Bolzan - 67 pts
4. SUI782 - Blu Moon - Flavio Favini - 81 pts
5. ITA783 - Audi - Riccardo Simoneschi - 94 pts
6. ITA807 - Gullisara - Carlo Fracassoli - 97 pts
7. ITA716 - Saetta - Niccolo Bianchi - 102 pts
8. ITA735 - Altea - Andrea Racchelli - 132 pts
9. NOR751 - Storm Capital Sail Racing Team - 136 pts
10. FRA599 - Poizon Rouge - Jean-Marc Monnard - 144 pts
Provisional Corinthian Top Five After Two Races
1. NOR751 - Storm Capital Sail Racing Team - 42 pts
2. EST790 - Lenny - Tonu Toniste - 47 pts
3. ITA780 - La Besa - Marco Schirato - 70 pts.
4. SWE666 - Number of the Beast - Jonas Berntsson - 83 pts
5. FIN529 - Midnight Sun Sailing One - Sami Ekblad - 85 pts