Fuente info Scuttlebut europe
Leaders Extend Their Leads In Short Offshore Race
Cagliari, Sardinia: At the finish line for the short offshore race tonight, the series leaders and runners-up in Class A and Class B of the 2010 ORCi European Championship have continued their winning ways, extending their leads on their rivals in the overall points standings.
Riccardo Di Bartolomeo's Grand Soleil 42R0 MAN and Francesco Siculiana's Grand Soleil 40RC Alvarosky have won the short offshore race, earning 1.125 points in the 1.5 point-weighted race and taking to three races their respective winning streaks in Class A and Class B. With second place finishes in Class A and B respectively, nearest rivals Raffaele Archivolti's Beneteau First 50 Saphira and Gianfranco Cioce's Comet 38S Scricca have also maintained their position in the standings.
And while the standings have remained somewhat stratified in Class B, there has been some re-shuffling among the standings in Class A, where the Valente-Stillitano-Bernardo syndicate's striking NM43 Nautilus Wave has overtaken Maurizio Biscardi's equally-striking Comet 50 Verve-Dahlia TV for third place in the standings.
1. MAN, GS 42R0, Riccardo di Bartolomeo, 2.625 points
2. Saphira, First 50, Raffaele Archivolti, 9.5
3. Nautilus Wave, NM 43, Valente-Stillitano-Bernardo, 14
4. Verve-Dahlia TV, Comet 50, Maurizio Biscardi, 17
5. One-Noidinotte, Comet 45S, Saverio Bifulco, 19
Top five results after three races, Division B:
1. Alvarosky, GS 40RC, Francesco Siculiana, 2.625 points
2. Scricca, Comet 38S, Gianfranco Cioce, 8
3. Rewind, X-37, Claudio Paesani, 12.5
4. Low Noise, M37, Giuseppe Giuffre, 17
5. Coconut, M37, Francesco Sodini, 20