Fuente info scuttlebutt europe
Double Bullets For Man and Alvarosky
Cagliari, Sardinia; Two teams experienced in light air and optimized for performance under ORCi handicapping have jumped out to an early lead in Day One of the 2010 ORCi European Championship. Riccardo Di Bartolomeo's Grand Soleil 42R0 MAN and Francesco Siculiana's Grand Soleil 40RC Alvarosky have taken two first-place bullets in each of their first two races, allowing each a slim 3.5 point lead over their nearest rivals, Raffaele Archivolti's Beneteau First 50 Saphira and Gianfranco Cioce's Comet 38S Scricca, respectively.
After a brief postponement to allow the 8-9 knot seabreeze to fill in the course area off Poetto Beach, race managers from Lega Navale Italiano Cagliari set the Race 1 course for 1.8 mile legs on a 3-lap track for Division A and a 2-lap track for Division B. This was shortened to 1.5 mile legs in Race 2 as the breeze started to waver before dying down in the late afternoon under a clear Sardinian sky.
Being the top-ranked team in the standings with an owner at the helm, Alvarosky is also currently in the lead for the ORC's Owner/Driver Trophy, new for this event.
Tomorrow racing resumes in Day Two with the start of the middle and long-distance offshore races. The middle length race is scored after turning the first mark of the long course, and the long race at the ultimate finish. Under ORC rules, this long race is intended to be 24 hours long and therefore should conclude for most boats in the early hours of Friday morning. -- Dobbs Davis
Top five results after two races, Division A:
1. MAN, GS 42R0, Riccardo di Bartolomeo, 1.5 points
2. Saphira, First 50, Raffaele Archivolti, 5
3. Verve-Dahlia TV, Comet 50, Maurizio Biscardi, 8
4. Nautilus Wave, NM 43, Valente-Stillitano-Bernardo, 8
5. QQ7, Farr 53, Maffini/Lazzerini - Hidroservice, 11
Top five results after two races, Division B:
1. Alvarosky, GS 40RC, Francesco Siculiana, 1.5 points
2. Scricca, Comet 38S, Gianfranco Cioce, 5
3. Rewind, X-37, Claudio Paesani, 8
4. Coconut, M37, Francesco Sodini, 11
5. Low Noise, M37, Giuseppe Giuffre, 11